"I am all yours, and all that I have is yours, O most loving Jesus, through Mary, your most holy Mother"(True Devotion, 233).
DAY 27 of 33:
SECTION 4: ENTERING INTO GREAT HEIGHTS OF HOLINESS DESTINED FOR THOSE CONSECRATED TO MARY
Today we will contemplate the holiness Mary leads us to ...taking Mary herself, St. Maximilian Kolbe, St. Mother Teresa and St. Louis de Montfort as our guides.
1. Resolve to pray a complete set of mysteries of the Rosary every day - as an act of love to God and in fulfillment of Mary's requests to us - see day 8 for instructions/ guidance on how to fit this into your day.
2. Skim through the accompanying pictures and the extraordinary wisdom of St. Louis de Montfort and St. Mother Teresa and read through as much (below) as possible.
3. Continue to choose to enter more deeply into the daily prayer program (below) at least in this way:
Ponder and pray The Glory Be today and the accompanying Scripture texts as you meditate and
PRAY THE JOYFUL MYSTERIES,
THE LUMINOUS MYSTERIES and
THE SORROWFUL MYSTERIES OF THE ROSARY
- while praying for the grace to listen, to hear and respond to God as Mary does. And to pray for the grace to surrender whatever is keeping us from responding fully to God - in and through and with Mary’s love and help.
4. Begin to take steps to make the Mass the center of your life.
5. Pray the 3rd Glorious Mystery: The Descent of the Holy Spirit
Mighty signs and wonders!
Thousands of those dead in sin repenting and being baptized!
The sick being cured just through St. Peter's shadow falling on them!
The dead being raised!
What wondrous fulfillment of Jesus' promise:
"Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these" John 14:12.
Today we contemplate the second person of the Holy Trinity and His outpouring of love and grace and power upon the Apostles, which transformed them from fearful, weak and timid men to men of outstanding boldness who went forth and changed the world forever. We, too, are called to be apostles of love, apostles of Mary, who are filled with the Holy Spirit in and through their intimate spousal union.
Mary, comes to us in and through the Spirit, even from heaven to renew the face of the earth. Mary does this through us - through our prayers!
“the Holy Spirit will renew the face of the earth.”All this can be hastened, and we can contribute to it, through our daily prayer.Prayer in hiddenness. …
In silence, offering our lives, in union with Christ. That is the beauty of life. That is the fullness of life. And so, we can contribute and really become always more the Apostles of Love of Our Lady. She can clothe us daily, more and more through the Blood of Jesus.
The Sacraments with Christ, her Son, who today through us wants to be present to the world. And draw all things to the Father. Amen." An excerpt from a homily in Medjugorje by Fr. Maximilian DalvaiToday, lastly, we consider Mary coming as Our Lady of Guadalupe on this December 12th, her feast day - and the mighty signs and wonders still at work through this heavenly, incorruptible image. And, I share our most amazing miracle that we received through her prayers.
Let us begin by praying the
GLORY BEGlory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be. Amen.
Daily Prayer Program for these 33 Days:
It is important to make a commitment to strive to pray more deeply, more intensely and with more of your heart during these days of preparation. Here are some guidelines and suggestions for how to live these days. Pray about how you can grow in each of these areas listed below and while living out this prayer program it is especially important to
Trust in the Truth and Supernatural Reality of God’s Presence within each of them
• LIVE Grace and Renew our Baptism - renounce sin and Satan
• Mass and the Eucharist the Center of our lives
• Confession frequently
2. Scripture - Pray and Internalize it daily
• To Jelena: “I’m going to reveal a spiritual secret to you: if you want to be stronger than evil, make yourself a plan of personal prayer. Take a certain time in the morning, read a text from Holy Scripture, anchor the Divine word in your heart, and strive to live it during the day, particularly during the moment of trials. In this way, you will be stronger than evil.” (Our Lady of Medjugorje, April 19, 1984)
• Rosary – With and in Mary, contemplating Scripture and the mysteries of God
3. Fill mind with wisdom of Mary and the Saints
• God is sending Mary to earth for she is the Crusher of Satan. Listen to her words.
• St. John Paul II – example of life given over – Totus Tuus
• St. Maximilian Kolbe – Militia Immaculata every soul consecrated to Mary will save the world
• St. Louis de Montfort – Mary will form the greatest saints who ever lived – easiest shortest most sure way to sanctity• St. Mother Teresa and many more
PART 2: Day 30 Readings and Prayers for St. Louis de Montfort's 33 Day of Consecration to Jesus through Mary - An Online Guide
Readings and Prayers for St. Louis-Marie de Montfort's Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary
Spend the day pondering Kolbe’s Marian teaching as it is summarized by these three words:
Mystery, Militia, and Love.
CLICK HERE for podcast
© Janet Moore 2019. All Rights Reserved.
CLICK HERE for podcast