Thursday, April 2, 2015

Entering into Holy Week -- Jesus' Eager Desire to Be With Us and Save Us!

The Last Supper (Convent of Sta. Maria delle GrazieMilanItaly (1498), by Leonardo da Vinci).

14
When contemplating the Last Supper, Jesus' eager desire to eat this Passover with the Apostles (and us) always moves me.  
It expresses His eager desire to share Himself with us fully in Holy Communion -- to live and move and fill each one of us -- and to save us so we can be united with Him in glory for all eternity!  

May we enter into these mysteries more deeply this Holy Thursday than we ever have before as we ponder His Holy Word, take part in the mysteries at Mass, and by taking a few moments to watch this short music video that has scenes from the movie Son of God. It is a wonderful and beautiful video written and sung by Sean Carter!!! 

It will help you enter into the mysteries of Holy Week, I promise!  

God bless you all this Holy Thursday!

Luke 14:20: 
"When the hour came, he took his place at table with the apostles.15He said to them, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover* with you before I suffer,16for, I tell you, I shall not eat it [again] until there is fulfillment in the kingdom of God.”i17Then he took a cup,* gave thanks, and said, “Take this and share it among yourselves;18for I tell you [that] from this time on I shall not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.”19Then he took the bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which will be given for you; do this in memory of me.”20And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which will be shed for you." 

1 Cor 11: 26:
For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the death of the Lord until he comes.

© Janet Moore 2015. All Rights Reserved.

Photo Credit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_of_the_Lord%27s_Supper#/media/File:Leonardo_da_Vinci_(1452-1519)_-_The_Last_Supper_(1495-1498).jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment